Save the Newbies
Save the Newbies
May 27 Update
Due to an unexpected issue in granting the Nickel G-Coin Box, the distribution will begin on Thursday, June 2nd. We will update you again through this announcement once the delivery is complete.
We’re pretty sure everyone has had their clumsy PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS “newbie” moments: either by running blindly across an open and vulnerable field with their weapons holstered, or unintentionally sacrificing themselves by holding onto a cooked grenade, or even taking a stroll in the Blue Zone and wondering why they’re suddenly crawling on the ground.
Oh, are you finding yourself relating to these examples? Or do you find yourself a PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS expert and wish to be a good sport and help out?
Then you’ve come to the perfect place. Participate in the Save the Newbies campaign, enjoy PUBG as either a newbie or expert, and take home in-game rewards!
Are you a PUBG Newbie?
You are a considered a Newbie for this campaign if:
- Your first PUBG account was created after January 12 UTC,
- OR you are a returning player who accessed your PUBG account on January 12 UTC after not accessing for more than 6 months,
- OR your Survival Mastery level is higher than 1 and lower than 80 as of April 21 UTC,
- However, this does not apply to players who do not have match history since the release of the Survival Mastery system.
- OR your PUBG account has not been accessed for more than 6 months as of April 21 UTC and needs to complete the Tutorial.
※ If you do not meet any of the criteria above, you are considered an expert!
How to Participate and Receive Rewards
- Receive your Survivor-in-Training Hoodie that’ll automatically be granted to your Inventory by April 21, 7 AM UTC.
- There is currently a delay in the distribution of Survivor-in-Training Hoodies for Newbies. Every Hoodies will be granted to every Newbie by April 22, 7AM UTC.
- The skin can be found in the CUSTOMIZE – Wardrobe tab.
- Make a Kill or Assist in a Normal or Casual Mode match with a fellow Newbie or an expert as a Duo or Squad, or even as Solo.
- If played as a team, every member of the team will receive a Nickel G-Coin Box.
- Win a Normal or Casual Mode match for the first time during the campaign period with a fellow Newbie or an expert as a Duo or Squad, or even as Solo!
- If won as a team, every member of the team will receive another Nickel G-Coin Box.
- Search for and team up with a Newbie (who received the Survivor-in-Training Hoodie) either by using the Team Finder, our official PUBG Discord channels, or random matching.
- Psst, since Newbies are not required to wear the Survivor-in-Training Hoodie, make sure your team’s Newbie(s) is real by asking them to show you the hoodie at the lobby before you play.
- Play a Normal or Casual Mode match as a Duo or Squad and help your Newbie make a Kill or Assist.
- Every member of the team will receive a Nickel G-Coin Box.
- Team up with a Newbie and win a Normal or Casual Mode match during the campaign period.
- Every member of the team will receive another Nickel G-Coin Box.
- PC & Console
- PDT: April 21, 12 AM – May 10, 12 AM
- CEST: April 21, 9 AM – May 10, 9 AM
- KST: April 21, 4 PM – May 10, 4 PM
Access your region’s Discord channels to easily team up with Newbies and/or Experts!
- This campaign is available on every PC and Console platform.
- Only players who participate within the campaign period will be able to receive the reward(s).
- Matches played only in Normal Match and Casual Mode will be eligible to receive rewards.
- Newbies are not required to wear the Survivor-in-Training Hoodie to participate in the campaign.
- Players may receive the Nickel G-Coin Box only once per account.
- Thus, a single account may receive up to two Nickel G-Coin Boxes during the campaign period.
- Nickel G-Coin Box rewards will be automatically granted to accounts from May 25 UTC to May 29 UTC.
*Due to an unexpected issue in granting the Nickel G-Coin Box, the distribution will begin on Thursday, June 2nd. We will update you again through this announcement once the delivery is complete.
- The rewards can be found in the CUSTOMIZE – Utility tab.
- The reward distribution date is subject to change. Players will be notified if changes are made.
- The Nickel G-Coin Boxes must be opened within 30 days upon receival.
- The obtained G-Coin must be used within 30 days upon the Nickel G-Coin Box’s open date.
- Players who use unfair and/or illegal methods will not receive the reward(s) or have them retracted after receival without prior notice.
- If played as a team, the other teammates who played fairly will receive the reward(s).
- If you encounter trouble receiving in-game rewards, please submit a ticket to PUBG Support.
Keep your chins up newbies; be nice, experts; and don’t forget to have fun!
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Team