table of contents
We’re very excited to welcome Survivors to Season 11! Buckle up for big improvements, new features and the triumphant return of Paramo. The big schedule change is starting with this season, Ranked Seasons will run for two months and the dates will no longer run parallel with the Pass.
Ranked Mode Season 11
Season 10 Ranked rewards will be automatically distributed to your inventory upon login at the beginning of Season 11.
- Players ranked Gold V or higher at season end will receive the Mirado skin.
- Players ranked Diamond V or higher at season end will receive both the Mirdao and parachute skin.
To better emphasize the honor of earning a rank each season, we’ve moved to a model where the ‘honor based’ rewards will be unlocked only for the following ranked season. We’ve also made improvements to the quality of the higher rank emblems and added nameplates as an additional honor based reward type.
Ranked Rewards Table Changes
- Ranked Parachute skins are provided from Gold and above.
- Vehicle skins are no longer provided in Ranked.
- Animated emblems are provided for Platinum and above.
- Master and Top 500 receive a nameplate and emblems
Weapon Spawn Rate Updates
Spawn rates for all weapons in Ranked Mode will be increased similar to a level similar to Esports Mode on all maps. We have increased the amount of item spawns by 30% – 40% to reduce time spent looting. There are no changes to other item or vehicle spawn rates.
Paramo Is Back
We’ve brought back everyone’s favorite active volcano, Paramo to Normal and Custom matches.
Here are the updates for Paramo:
- Improved terrain and added additional cover to fields.
- Up to 64 players can play in a match (bots included).
- Supports both TPP and FPP in Solo/Duo/Squad.
- Now available in Custom Matches
- Added Secret Room Key to spawn options.
- Sandbox mode is now available.
Karakin and Haven will be pulled out of rotation, however Karakin will still be available in custom games. To provide a better matchmaking experience we are limiting the number of playable maps to five.
Need a Lift?
New Feature: Emergency Pickup
. When the Balloon is fully inflated and an airplane will arrive in 60 seconds. During this time, up to a maximum of 4 players can attach themselves to the Fulton Balloon rope. Once that plane arrives, it catches the Balloon, hoists up the players, and makes its way towards the center of the White Zone. At any point during the flight, players can detach themselves and parachute down. When deploying the Emergency Pickup, make sure the area is clear of obstacles (terrain, vehicles, buildings) with a clear view of the sky, or it will fail. The Emergency Pickup cannot be used before the first circle and after the fourth circle. It will also not work when you use it indoors, on ferries, or trains. The Emergency Pickup is a lootable item only found on Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok and Vikendi that can be carried around in inventory.
Emergency Pickup can be used effectively in the following situations:
- When you’re stuck deep in the Blue Zone
- Have to cross an open field with little cover
- When you and your teammates want to find a safer looting location
- Once picked up by the plane, you cannot shoot.
- Players on the rope can receive damage and are therefore are vulnerable to mid-air attacks.
- Players can detach from the rope at anytime and deploy the parachute.
- At an altitude of less than 50 meters, the parachute is unable to be deployed.
- Camera is locked in TPP for the duration of the journey.
Mastery Medal Updates
Ten new types of Mastery Medals have been added.
While the first medal update focused on killing skills in battle, this update adds medals which focus on multiple combat situations and playstyles. For example, medals have been added for missed victories, taking down a whole enemy squad, coming out on top in certain unlucky situations and even for working well with your team. Mastery Medals can be acquired in both Normal Matches and Ranked, but not Arcade, Labs and Custom Matches. Each medal specifies which game modes they can be acquired in.
PUBG ID Updates
- Players can now display up to two medals on their PUBG ID, as a way to show off your achievements.
- Upgrading a medal tier will remove the old medal and only display the higher tier medal.
- Players can customize their PUBG ID from the Customize tab.
- PUBG ID will now be shown as a profile pop-up, rather than the previous passport format.
- The killfeed now uses graphics only, with the text only option no-longer being supported.
- DBNO and headshot icons are now separated for improved visibility.
New Feature: Match Log
As text kill feeds are no longer supported, we have added a new screen to view the log of matches using the existing text killfeed feature.
- Match Logs can be accessed from the Menu and include the following info:
- Kill messages
- Important messages (all messages displayed in the center of the screen)
- Match Logs are not provided in the following situations:
- Ranked and Esports modes.
- Modes which support re-spawning.
- Modes which do not support the killfeed.
- Match Logs will be activated in the following modes:
- Battle Royale modes.
- Zombie Mode.
- Observer also supports Match Logs, even in Ranked and Esports Modes.
Items & Skins
How about some Beryl bling?
- Weapon Skin – Gold/Silver Beryl
- 21 April 11 AM KST – 2 June 11 AM KST
- 20 April 7 PM PDT – 1 June 7 PM PDT
- 21 April 4 AM CEST – 2 June 4 AM CEST
- FANCY BERYL BUNDLE
- Gold Plate – Beryl M762
- Silver Plate – Beryl M762
- Item patterns on the Corgi Crew Skins have been adjusted due to texture issues.
- Sales Period
- 14 April 2021 11 AM KST – 13 April 2022 11 AM KST
- 13 April 2021 7 PM PDT – 12 April 2022 7 PM PDT
- 14 April 2021년 4 AM CEST – 13 April 2022 4 AM CEST
Weapon Balance Updates
Based on the data we’ve collected in the past months, we’ve made adjustments to the Weapon Balance. We found that in Normal matches, the Beryl, M416, and SLR are all used almost equally. In Ranked matches, the Beryl is outperforming other weapons, followed closely by the SLR. To help keep matches exciting and make sure players have many viable battle choices, we’ve decided to nerf the Beryl and SLR. We’ve also seen that certain guns are underperforming, and so we are giving the Mini-14, VSS, and SCAR-L small buffs.
- Increased damage by +1. (46 → 47)
- Increased damage by +2. (41 → 43)
- Increased damage by +1. (41 → 42)
- Increased horizontal recoil by 15%.
- Decreased recoil recovery rate from 2.1 → 1.9
- Increased horizontal recoil magnitude by 5%
- Increased horizontal recoil speed from 10 → 11
- Increased vertical recoil speed by +1.5 (15 → 16.5)
Esports Tab PGI.S Champions Page Update
Winners of PGI.S 2021 can now be found in the Esports tab with Update 11.1.
- The top 4 teams will be displayed alongside the PGI.S Grand Prize total.
- Tournament Champions will be shown alongside their pictures, in celebration of their victory!
Check it all out and more in the Esports Tab!
- During Normal Matches, a notification now displays when leaving a match which could impact your reputation score.
- If you choose to leave before plane takeoff or after death, your reputation will not be negatively impacted and the notification won’t be displayed.
- Match Rating pop-up has been removed.
- The feedback you’ve sent through match ratings has been very helpful in improving PUBG. Based on the data collected, we will continue to improve PUBG.
- We are introducing a new survey system in place of voting on match ratings, full details coming.
- The Player Profile Icon has been moved into the friend system at the bottom right of the main menu.
Introducing the newly designed G-Coin page.
- Items can be found easily by selecting categories.
- Categories without items will be deactivated.
- Some categories have been re-named.
- Sub categories have been added.
- Adjusted some image/model sizes to improve item previews.
- Maximum number of participants are displayed in the Customize tab emote settings.
- Players can now create up to three Custom match sessions, which means players won’t have to wait to start a new session.
- A new survey system is coming. Once a new survey begins, players will be notified through the notification center on the main menu.
TDM Map Ratio Changes
- We have slightly reduced the Sanhok map ratio for TDM based on community feedback.
- Increased server performance by improving server replication process.
- Optimized level streaming to reduce hitching.
- Improved unnecessary performance overheads related to reflections and optimized reflection computations inside buildings.
- Improved Care Package optimization to reduce server hitches.
- Increased server performance in relation to Red Zones.
- Image loading speeds have been improved in-game and in the menus.
- Fixed the issue where the position of the hand holding a throwable is not aligned with the throwable when sat in the passenger seat of a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue when using a throwable in a vehicle where the hand position wasn’t aligned correctly
- Fixed the issue where the Ranked match leaving penalty (unable to join match) was applied even after 30 minutes has passed.
- Fixed the issue where only minor damage was dealt to opponents when colliding on the Dirt bike in full speed.
- Fixed the issue where the grenade that the player had thrown was not thrown and gave damage to the player.
- Fixed the issue where the bare footsteps were played when wearing Pillar tactical pants.
- Fixed the issue where preset 1 squad mate’s outfit was displayed when set to preset 2-5.
- Fixed the issue where the two different compensators that could be attached to Mini14 looked identical.
- Fixed the issue where the Team finder doesn’t deactivate when starting matchmaking.
- Fixed the issue where the Panzerfaust could be fired through walls when jumping or falling.
- Fixed the issue where respawning didn’t work if the player didn’t switch into spectating mode after dying in War mode.
- Fixed the issue where the boost item is canceled when using it while changing a weapon.
- Fixed the issue of falling when jumping off the plane wearing a bag during the waiting time in Sandbox mode.
- Fixed the issue when a kicked player from the Custom match lobby is re-invited, they enter the session lobby.
- Fixed the issue where the opacity of the Random Crate’s background wasn’t displayed properly.
- Fixed an issue where the arrow UI in the top right corner of the Match Report Weapon Mastery was displayed even when achieving XP for a single weapon.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Item’ was displayed as ‘Steal’ when using the Tactical Map Marker.
- Fixed the issue where Steam friends in party were not showing as a party when playing squad mode.
- Fixed the issue in the Social page where the player profile of a player who is already matchmaking shows as ‘playing’.
- Fixed the display error in the reporting result pop-up.
- Fixed the issue where the News page content wasn’t aligned in Arabian.
- Fixed the issue where the player’s nickname was displayed in the mini map in observer mode.
- Fixed the issue where the ‘Vest’ filter isn’t displayed in the Customize menu.
- Fixed the issue where the killfeed is not displayed once a random player is kicked from the game when the killfeed is set to ‘Icon’ mode.
- Fixed the issue where the Wheel menu close icon isn’t displayed.
- Fixed the issue where players couldn’t report the use of unauthorized software in the reporting menu.
- Fixed the clipping issue when the Hairstyle PGI.S and the Cowbow hat were worn together.
- Fixed the issue where a display error occurred when wearing the PGI Title Handwrap after wearing Duncan’s Infiltrator Handwraps.
- Fixed the issue where the voting failure message was displayed on the Pick’em Challenge results release date.
Whew! That’s a lot to process! Now go drop in and enjoy Season 11!