Effective Date: 2021.02.25
2. Who We Are
We provide ‘PUBG: NEW STATE’ games (“Game(s)”), official site(“Site(s)”) and game related services, customer service (“Service(s)”) to players.
3. Information We Collect
We collect information about you and the Services that you use. Information may also be required to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide the Service at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide the requested services or products. The information we collect falls into three different categories: 1) information collected directly from you; 2) information collected automatically, and 3) Information collected from third parties.
1) Information collected directly from you
You may provide us with the following information when playing our Game and/or using our Services. The information you provide to us may differ in some cases. For example, these include:
– Nickname, billing data to provide game service
– Nickname, email address to improve the quality of game and to solve the technical problems
– Nickname, email address and name to provide customer service
– Nickname, email address, name, date of birth, gender, age, country of residence, etc. to apply for participation in the event, survey, tournament and other events held by us
2) Information collected automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you play our Games and/or use our Services. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
– Your Device Info (include OS system, OS version, screen resolution, browser type and setting, etc.),
– IP address,
– Data during our game play, and
– Device event information, including crash reports and system activity details (e.g. whether you encountered an error playing our games or lost Internet access).
3) Information collected from third-parties
When you access our Games and/or Services using a third-party platform, such as Google, Apple, Twitter, and Facebook, we collect certain information from your profile/account on third party platform’s as permitted by the terms of the third party platform and your privacy settings thereon. For example, these include:
– Google: Google ID, nickname, profile image
– Apple: Apple ID, nickname, profile image
– Facebook: Name, Facebook ID, nickname, profile image, Friends Facebook ID
4. Cookie and Related Technologies
Most Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Site may not function properly.
We also maintain log files which contain Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses. An IP address is a numeric address that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. We use log files to monitor traffic on the Site, to report information to our advertisers and to troubleshoot technical problems. In the event of player abuse of the Site, we may block certain IP addresses. IP addresses may be used to personally identify you in order to enforce our Terms of Service and any applicable end user license agreement.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use the collected information for a variety of purposes, primarily, to provide the Service to players like you and to improve the quality of the Service. These include:
– Provide the Game service
– Solving technical problems and improving the quality of the Service
– Identification of individual players to provide the Game service
– Technical protection against usage of unauthorized programs
– Preventing inappropriate gameplay that could harm other players
– Tracking usage patterns and analyzing trends of players, calculate statistics on service use
– Providing information on Company events and surveys and providing opportunities to participate in Company events and surveys, to provide Company advertisement and for other Company marketing and promotional purposes
In the majority of cases, processing of your personal information is:
–necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our Service, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile and to provide the Service and customer support to you.
–in our legitimate interests, which are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we may analyze players’ behaviors in our Game and/or Services to continuously improve our Service. Also, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
–necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation: For example, we may process your personal information to comply with applicable accounting rules which require keeping accounting records and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement.
6. Sharing Your Information
We give permission to third parties, including service providers which process personal information on behalf of us to provide customer support and to manage our community. Examples of these third parties include:
– third party program restriction providers to block cheating tools and unauthorized programs
– cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services
– third party payment service providers (including but not limited to App Store, Google Play) to assist with payment for transactions or providing withdrawing service for sellers
– marketing platforms and providers of analytics services relating to players’ behavior, in order to tailor the Service and to conduct marketing activities.
– online survey service providers in order to improve the game service
We may also share your information where such disclosure is essential to comply with a legal obligation or a lawful data access request.
7. International Data Transfers
We operate globally and transfer your data to countries and other regions outside of where you are located. If your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of personal information.
1) EU Citizens
When information is transferred from the European Union(“EU”), we will also take steps to ensure that your information a receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EU, including by entering into data transfer agreements using the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, obtaining your explicit consent, etc. You have a right to obtain details of the mechanism under which your information is transferred outside of the EU by contacting [email protected] or you can also contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email at [email protected].
2) Russia Residents
When information is transferred from the other countries, we will also take security steps to ensure that your information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the country that you are residence. You can see the protection in ‘11. Security of Your Information’. You have a right to obtain details of the mechanism under which your information is transferred outside of the Russia by contacting [email protected].
8. Retaining and Deleting Personal Information
9. Our Policy Concerning Children
We do not knowingly collect, use or share any information about children (generally considered to be under the age of 13 in the U.S., under the age of 16 in Europe or depending on the country where you reside) without verifiable parental consent or as permitted by law. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child has provided us with information, you can contact us and request your child’s information to be deleted from our system.
10. Links and Third-Party Services
11. Security of Your Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive the information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
12. Your Privacy Rights
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you are entitled to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal information. To make a request concerning your rights or if you have any other question, please contact us by sending an email to the address specified in the “14. Contact Us” section. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In certain countries, including in the EU, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
If you are a California residents, you may have additional rights. For more information concerning your privacy rights, please review our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
14. Contact Us